Guest Support services include but are not limited to:
• Emergency overnight shelter for men, women, and families
• Private family rooms and showers
• Evening Meals
• Case Management and assistance
• Public Benefit referrals
• Clean restrooms
• Clothing vouchers from local thrift stores
• Telephone message service
• Mail Service
• Referalls for: mental health, legal, employment, addiction, medical and veterans’ services.
Torres Community Shelter
101 Silver Dollar Way
Chico, Ca. 95928
The Torres Community Shelter is open for guests from 4:30pm-6:40am daily. Check in is between 4:30pm and 6:00pm nightly for both new and returning guests. Please call and get prior approval for an alternate check in time.
To make an appointment to meet with staff, please call between 10:00am and 2:00pm, Monday-Friday. Case Managers, agency representatives and social workers from other service providers should call and arrange for shelter entry on behalf of their clients.
It is our highest priority to make the Torres Community Shelter a safe, clean and healthy place to stay.
• No Drinking
• No Drugs (unless prescribed)
• No Violent Behavior
• Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian
In order to ensure a safe and healthy environment for everyone at the Torres Community Shelter, all of our guests must understand and agree to follow our Shelter Guidelines.